1. Smile…it’s amazing how uplifting a smile can be. Especially when it’s the result of thinking about a happy memory, time or place. In addition to that, just remember that your smile can make someone’s day…stranger or otherwise. Go on…try it, I guarantee you that if you genuinely smile it will make your day a whole lot better.
2. Sing in the shower to your favourite song. And I don’t just mean hum along…I mean belt out a tune sister! It will uplift you, release any stress as well as fill your body with endorphins to make you feel on top of the world. Singing and dancing like a crazy idiot is sometimes just what you need to start your day off in a beautiful way…so try it and tell me you don’t love it, I dare you.
3. Dream big. And believe in them. You really can do anything you put your mind to. No matter what part of your life they relate to, it’s important to have dreams. Work hard and you will get there. It’s important to have dreams in life, they keep us going, give us something to work toward. The concept of having dreams is instilled in us as children and I believe that you’re never too old to dream. Write a list of all your dreams, no matter how big or small they are and start mapping out your way of achieving them. Dreams do come true, miracles can happen. Plus, having dreams to think about each and every day can be so uplifting.
4. Remember it’s ok to say no. Life seems to be so busy, everyone always has places to be and deadlines to meet…which is why it is SO important to make time for yourself; each and every day (See #6). Keep reminding yourself that it is ok to say no to commitments sometimes, after all, you can’t split yourself into twenty different places at once and sometimes its important to look at the bigger picture and not feel guilty about saying no, to whatever it may be. This will release a whole lot of pressure surrounding you; less pressure and stress almost guarantees a beautiful day!
5. Breathe. As we go through the motions of everyday life, sometimes we really forget to breathe…well, not actually, otherwise we would be in serious trouble. But you know, really breathe. Make a conscious effort to take a moment or two each day to stop and breathe. My tip; lie down and let the busy world around you stop for a moment. Breathe in and whilst doing so place your hand on your tummy and feel it rise, refresh your body and mind with oxygen and then as you exhale, make sure you feel your tummy retract and expel any negative energy. This is a really helpful way of making sure you are breathing properly and de-stressing. Any time you feel stressed, overwhelmed, anxious, nervous or uptight; take a minute to breathe.
6. Take a moment for you. I cannot stress the importance of this. This truly is a key to a beautiful day, ensuring you have time…whether it be 2 minutes or 2 hours, just for you. Go on, do whatever it is you please. Sit and just be, watch your favourite tv show, read a book or go for a walk along the beach; the possibilities are endless as long as it’s just you, your body and your mind, all in sync, having a moment to recharge.
7. Carry a bottle of water. Water is the essence of life, truly it is. It hydrates and makes you just feel better. Plus, sometimes when you think you’re hungry…you’re actually just thirsty and your body is crying out for fluids. So keep a water bottle with you and see how different you feel. My water bottle and I are besties.
8. Be grateful. We’re taught manners from a young age and we should always remember to say please and thank you. I believe it is so important in life to always be grateful; for everything. Look at all the positives that enrich your life, no matter how big or small, and ensure you look at the glass half full. Positive breeds positive, truly, it does and if you can make sure you fill your day with positive thoughts, energy and mind-set, you will learn to cherish all that’s around you and truly be grateful for all that you have, instead of longing for all that you want.
9. Turn off the lights, light a candle. Sometimes there is nothing more relaxing and just pure Zen than lighting a beautiful candle and chilling out. Listen to your favourite music, have a relaxing bath, read a book or magazine, make a cup of tea or indulge in an at home facial or manicure and just r-e-l-a-x.
10. Simply trust in the universe. To some this may be second nature, but to others you might think I’m talking a whole lot of crazy. I honestly think this is one of the most important traits you can have. Sometimes you just have to believe that there is a greater being; the universe, ensuring that all is as it’s meant to be. I believe from the bottom of my heart that everything happens for a reason; both good and bad. Sometimes the reasons aren’t evident at first, it takes time to stop and reflect and realize that everything is just as it should be.
Cassandra: a believer that anything is possible. a dreamer. a creative. tiny. a business owner and fashion addict who treasures her family and friends first and foremost. lover of all things health, exercise and nutrition